Services and Clinics
Alongside the GP clinics the surgery is proud to offer a full range of specialised nurse led clinics including the following:
- Heart Disease/stroke
- Blood Pressure
- Cervical Screening
- Family Planning
- Travel Vaccines
- Childhood Vaccines
- Blood Clinic
The nurses also provide a General Clinic for other areas not covered by the above. Where possible you will be asked to make an appointment within the specific clinic, although exceptions will be made to allow for work commitments.
It is recommended that all children are vaccinated against infectious diseases. Please view the vaccination schedule
- Flu – Vaccinations against flu are available from September to March every year and is recommended for patients who are at ‘high risk’ from the complications influenza can cause.
- Pneumonia – It is recommended that anyone over the age of 65 or suffer from immune suppressed conditions should be vaccinated against the complications pneumonia can cause. These vaccinations are available all year round.
The practice offers a full range of surgical procedures under local anaesthetic. Please make an appointment with one of the GPs for further details.
- Cervical Screening (Smear Test) – This test is recommended for women aged between 25 and 65 to allow early detection and treatment of cervical cancer. You will be invited by letter when your test is due and you will be seen by the Practice Nurse. You would normally receive your results via the Health Authority. If you have any queries or concerns over this screening or your result, please speak to one of our Nurses who will be happy to discuss them with you.
- Maternity Care – You will be advised to contact maternity at Clacton Hospital. If at any time you have any concerns, please contact the Midwifery team or make an appointment to see one of the GPs at the practice. Following the birth an appointment should be made for when baby is eight weeks old for his/her developmental check, 1st baby vaccines along with postnatal check. If you have any queries or concerns please contact the Practice Nurse or your Midwife for advice.
- Child Health Surveillance – Dr Mirza, Dr Al-Najjar are registered to provide this service to patients up to the age of 5 years.
Aged 45 or over? Have you had your blood pressures measured recently? Book an appointment now in the BP clinic.
Still smoking? Our trained advisors are here to help. Book an appointment now in the smoking cessation clinic.
Annual check-ups for patients with Diabetes, Heart Disease, Asthma, COPD, stroke, could help prevent complications in future years.